First Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church of Winter Park was the first church to be formed in this new town in 1884. Dr. Edward Hooker (a Congregational minister and missionary) led Sunday services in the Town Hall. Soon after, people came together and signed their names to a document officially creating a First Congregational Church in Winter Park. This Society agreed to erect a church of their own, and in January 1885 the first service was held, with their beloved Dr. Hooker their first minister.